XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Monday, April 26, 2010

LA FESTIVAL OF BOOKS...

Like I've mentioned before...I LOVE BOOKS! & I have passed that passion on to one of my boys, so this past weekend I took him along with one of my best friends to the LA Festival of Books. It is a 2 day event held on the UCLA Campus. This event allows book lovers of all kinds to come together and enjoy, books, books and more books! You can pack a lunch and enjoy a book reading by the author at one of the many stages set up through out the campus (like my son and I did). You can also buy books and get them signed by the author (this was a really cool experience for my son), but make sure you have it planned out because some authors are only there during certain times and lines do form. This is not only for the children, it is also for adults, they have a variety of books from Adult fiction, non-fiction, cooking, etc. I had gone with a mission to find my next read however, spent all my money on my children! And to top of the day, we had ice cream sandwiches at Diddy Riese!

My son Julian with author David Shannon
Me & My Son

My Bestie and Me
Must go if your in Westwood, CA

This is the way to end a Perfect day!

So go on Sucias, enjoy a day and support good causes (like reading, especially if its for kids)!

Till next week Sucias!

XOXO

Queenie

1 comment:

Miss K said...

How fun! I'll definitely have to go next year!