XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Monday, May 10, 2010

Why guys? Why?

BEWARE: I AM ABOUT TO VENT! About a week or so ago, I e-mailed my husband a "Wish List" thinking I would help him out on what to get me for Mother's Day. Let me just give you a quick rundown as to why I opted to do this...one time for my birthday he gave me a book & a candle which was a great gesture however, I was in need of maternity clothes, another time for Christmas he gave me a leather shirt (yes, a shirt...lol - in his defense he thought it was a jacket). My husband has bought me some gifts in the past where I wonder to myself "What the hell was he thinking?". Now, don't get me wrong, I am not this ungrateful wife that hates everything her husband buys her, but come on, when I e-mail you a wish list or drop hints (all the time) you really can't go wrong. "Why am I venting?" you ask, oh because I received beautiful roses but no card or gifts from my list. Just roses. It was Mother's Day right? I did carry 3 of his children in my womb for 27 months of my life did I not? I am helping raise these kids too aren't I? When I see other men catering to their wives on Mother's Day showing their appreciation for everything their wives do for their families and my husband is just taking a nap on the couch apart of me was hurt. I felt like my husband really just didn't care. It was another Sunday for him. Well, there is always next year right? In the mean time I guess I will just have to treat myself to a manicure & pedicure or a new watch that I have been eyeing for the past couple of months now and keep hoping that the light will finally go off in my husbands head. Till next week Sucias! XOXO Queenie

7 comments:

Miss K said...

oh girl i'm sorry! I think lots of mother's feel the same way. I hope next year is better for you!

Queenie said...

I feel better now that I vented & I'm over it, but thanks Miss K, I hope you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Now, please, do not feel offended by these words. All I'm trying to do is give you insight on how guys may react in this situation.

First, it could be possible that your husband could have been irritated by the request note you gave him and his reaction by giving you only flowers was to have you react the way you did, because you did end up being bothered.

Second, maybe the blog topic could be changed to "Why Girls? Why?" I think most ladies take Mother's Day the wrong way. You have a good man for a husband, who is also a great father to his kids. Being appreciative of that counts. In addition, Mother's Day is to honor the mothers of people. In this case, his job as a son is to show an appreciation to his mother. Roses are something special. It could have been a lot worse, especially coming from someone who is not even your son. One day you'll feel the true spirit of Mother's Day when your kids are old enough to understand the significance of it and they will grace you with drawings, poems, letters, etc. That's when it really counts. You'll see.

Why Girls? Why? When will you understand that men spend money on you annually for your birthdays, Christmas, Anniversaries, and Valentines Day. And you get annoyed if your partner doesn't get you what you asked for on Mother's Day? I respect the fact that you are a mother and it is not easy being one, but the kind gesture of a hug, a kiss, one rose,or a dozen roses given to you by your partner or someone else is what counts- the fact that people are recognizing the lovely person a mother is in this world.

Yes, some men go the extreme and get their wives expensive gifts, but if that's what women are looking for on Mother's Day, they have the entire concept wrong.

Now, him sleeping on the couch and taking the day like an ordinary Sunday, I can see how that will upset any woman. However, like I said in the first point, that was probably his way of rebelling to what you were expecting him to get you for that day.

Stay Positive,

One Luv

Queenie said...

Ha, Ha, "One Luv" Thank you as always I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

You need to ditch that zero and get with this hero.

Miss K said...

ahahahaha love the last comment

Queenie said...

Can you be my Hero baby?!