XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Monday, September 20, 2010

It's a hairy situation...

If you know me, you would know that I have done everything you can probably imagine to my hair.  From long hair to pixie cuts, blond hair to permed hair!  I used to always say, "It's just hair, it will grow back".  While I like to change up my look every now and then with my hair I love trying new styles just to mix it up.

I loved the fish tail braids that were so in this summer, however, when I attempted it one day, it took me over a frustrating 45 minutes!  Something that is suppose to look so chic & simple was a nightmare and I never got it down, so I settled for a regular braid instead.  This is what I was attempting to achieve...

Another style that I absolutely LOVE, but don't have the balls to sport is the "Ombre" look.  A couple of weeks ago I got my hair done, by my fabulous stylist & told him I wanted a change, nothing too drastic just something that made a difference.  I mentioned to him that I really like the "Ombre" style but that I don't think I could pull it off, especially since a lot of people aren't fans of it....Here's a perfect example:



While my stylist was all for the "Ombre" hair I just couldn't get up the guts to do it.  Yes, I know I'm not Rachel or Drew, so I played it safe & got little & subtle highlights around the face & the top of my head.

So what do you think?  Do you like changing up you hair or keeping it simple?  Do you think these styles are going to be in for the fall or do you think they will fade quickly?

Till next week Sucias!

XOXO
Queenie

3 comments:

Miss K said...

I used to change my hair around every time i got it done, but I've kept the same look for like 3 years now only changing the color slightly. I'm not a fan of ombre hair, but I do like "melting" which is similar, but MUCH softer. I'm even thinking about getting it done myself.

Anonymous said...

Hair styles revolve a complete 360 degrees. Mr. T's mo-hawk brought a tough, masculine look and that was back in the 1980's. Over 20 years later, every guy is sporting some type of mohawk.

To be honest, I can't really tell the difference in a female's hairstyle other than going extremely short or dying the color.

Change is good, but stayting with what ever you feel is comfortable will always work. It's all about how you feel.

The reason people want a different look is for the attention. They enjoy the complements. If that's what makes you feel great, go for it, but it will get expensive in terms trying adjust to the new trends. I've had my same hairstyle for over eight years now. The only change I might pursue is accepting my natural grey highlights. George clooney looks good in grey and so does Alejandro Fernandez.

One Luv

Queenie said...

Miss K I think you should go for it, your so hip & chic I bet it would look amazing on you!

One Luv you're right about Mr. T's hair style & now that I'm thinking about it Madonna sported an "ombre" style in the 80's too! You're grey hair is not too shabby on you either, but my favorite hair style was your Patrick Swazye look. Haa haa!