XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME...

Today I turned 28 years old!!!  I have known a couple of people that have taken certain birthdays, like turning 25, 30, 35 etc. pretty hard.  Each one has had their own personal reasons why & I could never relate to them because to me, I have never been hung up on AGE.  It has always been just a number.  But this morning I woke up & thought to myself, "Holy Sh*t!  I'm 28..that means I'm only 2 years away from being 30!"  This wasn't me, this wasn't the happy go lucky, it's my day/week so I get what I want girl that I normally am on this day/time of month.  Rather than get up early & get all dressed up, (what for, it was just another day, so what if its my BIRTHDAY) I slept in the extra 30 minutes and decided to throw my hair in a bun.
So simple! ~ back view

Side view
other side view ~ head band: Target

 I dressed in my favorite "relaxed" outfit, gotta love leggings!  My hubby helped me out the door & wished me a Happy Birthday... & I took my son to school.  After I met up with an old best friend, Reyes, for a Pumpkin Spiced Latte (my favorite thing this time of year), he brought me some flowers and we laughed and reminisced about our high school days!  Great way to start off my day! 

When I arrived at work my co-worker had more flowers along with a pumpkin pie waiting for me!!!!  I always prefer pumpkin pie over cake on my birthday! 
 My hubby met me up for some lunch w/the babies and they bought me some beautiful roses. 
And although I wasn't able to do our traditional birthday dinner with my madre she came by on her lunch break and dropped of my present.
She gave me some beautiful earrings that I just adore!  Thanks mommy!

Even though the day didn't unfold like I thought it might of, it unfolded to be a better day and it was a BEAUTIFUL BIRTHDAY!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU & THANK YOU to everyone who sent me birthday wishes and made me feel loved!

P.S. ~ a very special Thank you to my prima who sent me 1 birthday wish via text this year as oppose to 100!!!!

XOXO
Queenie

3 comments:

Miss K said...

Happy birthday again! the flowers and earrings are fab!

Luciana said...

LMAO! I was tempted to send you a second message but I fought the urge...

Queenie said...

Thxs Miss K!!!

Lucy I'm so, so so happy you didnt!!! I would have probably thrown my phone!