XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Monday, October 4, 2010

a "Reyna" Holiday...

It's funny, when I mention to people that I have a job, they looked puzzled & ask "Really?  What do you do?".  I laugh & tell them exactly what I do, I am a Wife, Mother, I help my husband with his business & work as a Medical biller for my mother-in-laws business.  Most of the time it must seem that I'm on holiday going to the beach, taking the kids to Disneyland.  Yes, that is exactly the way my life is...it is a Roman Holiday..more like a "Reyna" Holiday...yeah right, I WISH!!!!

While I wish I could shop all day, drink espresso & indulge in the good life, I can't.  I do work hard so I can make time to leave work early & play every once in a while.

Recently I was so confused & upset that I'm only a couple of years shy of 30 & had no idea what I was going to do for the rest of my life.  My 28th birthday is right around the corner & I have finally had an epiphany!  I know it will not happen within the next year or two but I have decided what I want to do and want to share with you some of my goals that will eventually lead me to my dream in life...
"The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - that's all that matters." ~ Ms. Audrey Hepburn

1st Goal ~ Take sewing lessons.  I love to create things, buy fabric & have a sewing machine, but can't sew if my life depended on it.

2nd Goal ~ Finish College.  In order to build a business I need to know how to run one right?

3rd Goal ~ Pastry School.  This is the one thing that I probably have always wanted to do.  I love to bake & bake & bake!!!


So what the heck am I going to do with all these 3 different goals?  Eventually you will find out...

"My own life has been much more than a fairy tale.  I've had my share of difficult moments, but whatever difficulties I've gone through, I've always gotten a prize at the end." ~ Ms. Audrey Hepburn

I know some parts of my life have been like a fairy tale & there have been & will be many difficulties.  I also know this is going to be one hell of a ride, but I've got my eye on the prize!

Till next week Sucias!

XOXO
Queenie    

2 comments:

Miss K said...

Get it girl! You can totally accomplish these things!

Anonymous said...

A person with goals is acknowledged; a respected individual is one who attempts to fulfill his or her goal regardless if they fail; a person who accomplishes their goals is not only well respected, but also influential.

Don't just say it, do it! Don't just attempt it, look to achieve. And I will follow.

One Luv