XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Monday, October 25, 2010

This little piggy...

SUCIAS!  This little piggy has been over indulging in food, drinks, desserts & haven't worked out in over 3 months!!!!!  OOPS!  Needless to say I am growing by the minute!!!!  It never fails, the 1st place I always start to gain weight is in my GUT!  Now, I know I have 3 kids & yes trust me it does take a toll on your body, but this gut is not from having kids it is from being a Little Lazy Piggy!  I am so upset with myself because as I mentioned a couple months ago I was doing so good I had lost 10 lbs. and was losing inches (I also had a personal trainer).  Sadly after I stopped meeting with my trainer I started to go back to my old habits & I started drinking quite a bit of BEER, mmmmm, Beer!  So about 2 weeks ago I went to my son's pediatrician and I had to step on the scale with him because he refused to step on by himself, this was the moment of truth (Oh No!).  Surprisingly, I had only gained 2 lbs., yay!  That's not so bad right?  No, not at all but what is bad is that I was toning up like crazy when I was working out & I'm FLABBY again, boo!
What am I going to do about it you ask?  Well, I am going to start eating healthy again for a start, hello salads!  I've already started to cut back on my cups of coffee that I consume daily and start drinking green tea again.  My only problem is my motivation to work out.  I enjoy working out by myself, but I have to do it early in the morning & right now I just am not having the energy to do so.  I also enjoy running and boy do I drop the pounds when I do so, but again NO MOTIVATION!  So what should I do?  I've actually been considering the Huntington Beach Half Marathon that will be held on Feb. 6, 2011 (the day after my brothers birthday).  I have always wanted to do a half marathon but have never committed to it.  I think I just might do it!
So Sucias, do you have any motivational working out/running tips?  I'd love to hear your take on what you do to get up & going on a work out routine.

Till next time Sucias!

XOXO
Queenie     

6 comments:

Miss K said...

2lbs is not bad at all, you look fantastic and always have! as for motivation i've got nothing! sorry sister! i had a problem with motivation too and i have a wedding coming up!!! aaaagh.

Valerie's Junk Drawer said...

As my rowing coach said when she was training for the Olympics, "You start with getting one foot out of the bed..."

But I have only ran ONCE in 6 months, so I guess I need to take her advance too!

Now all I have to do is find my running shoes.

Valerie's Junk Drawer said...

(advance=advice) :)

Anonymous said...

The older we get the more we don't want to exercise. I've exercised my whole life and disciplined my self to the extreme when I was competing in sports. I was motivated because it was like my job to get out and train and prepare my self for a season or for the next opponent... Wait, maybe that's what could help you get motivated... an opponent or some type of competition.

Any type of friendly competion works, whether it's a bet for seeing who could lose the most ponuds in a week or month, or playing a game of raquet ball.

Competion helps people push themselves a bit more than usual. Try it!

One Luv

Luciana said...

Hey I was just thinking about doing a half marathon during one of my jogs last week. Definitely something I want to do. Count me in!

P.S. @ One Luv, this would mean Reyna and I can't party hard for your birthday next year... So to pay my due's for all the drunken nights you've put up with, I'm offering to be your DD.

Queenie said...

Whoa!!! Val's Junk Drawer Posted a comment & Luciana posted her 2nd ever!!!!! I'M LOVING IT!!!

Thanks everyone for all your input I enjoy reading all your comments!
THANKS AGAIN, XOXO!