XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Monday, October 11, 2010

Twilight Part II...

A couple of months ago I did my blog post/book review of the first 2 books of the Twilight Saga, Twilight & New Moon See Here. 2 weeks after I finished the 1st two books I had already finished the last 2 books!  While I fell in love with Eclipse the 3rd book of the saga I was a little disappointed with the 4th & final book Breaking Dawn.

I am sad to say but I was quickly becoming a "Twihard".  I started reading this book but stopped because I really wanted to watch the movie.  So I went to the theater to watch Eclipse.  I felt like a LOSER because I went by myself.  I had to see it & couldn't wait another day because I wanted to read the book!  So there I was all by myself at the theater with my candy in hand watching all the couples on a date night fill the seats around me.  Once the movie started I got into it right away, but then I thought to myself, "How come I don't do this more often?  This is really relaxing!"  The movie was awesome and as soon as I got home I started reading the book again.  It took me about a week to finish reading Eclipse.  I actually finished it while the hubby & I were on our anniversary weekend river trip.  I know, I know, why am I taking a book on our anniversary trip, well the truth is we were with friends & it was a "Relax with no kids" weekend.  So while he enjoyed himself fishing & drinking beer I enjoyed myself reading & drinking beer!
(*Note to self, I will never take a book to the river again...drinking + reading at the river = major water damage to a book.  Thank goodness I bought my own & didn't borrow it from someone, heee heee.)
Eclipse was my second favorite book of the saga.  It focused in on the love story between Bella & Edward, which was the reason I fell in love with Twilight.  It also gave you more of a depth into the lives of some of the other vampires.  One of the best parts of the book was the Vampire battle scene, which was also my favorite part of the movie & it left you craving more at the end.
Thank goodness I had bought Breaking Dawn the same time I bought Eclipse.  The hubby asked me if I had to buy both books at the same time and I told him I did because I know I'm going to want to start reading the 4th book as soon as I finish the 3rd.  And I was right!  I started reading Breaking Dawn with high expectations for 2 reasons.  1).  Eclipse ended so good I wanted to find out what happens with Bella & Edward, do the get married or don't they?  Does she become a vampire?  2).  All of my other "Twihard" friends told me Breaking Dawn was so good, it was the book "where it all goes down".  What did that mean?  Well I was soon to find out.  While I preferred to watch the movie before reading the book unfortunately I couldn't.  The movie hasn't been made yet but I hear production will be starting soon!!!  The wedding & love scenes in Breaking Dawn were ok, I felt as if the author, Stephenie Meyer could have gone more into detail.  I had to remind myself this is a teenager novel, boo!  I need hot steamy sex scenes and this book was far from what I am used to reading.  As I got to the middle of this book it kind of dragged but a climax was building and it was keeping me intrigued.  However, nothing happened!  WTF!!!  How do you build something up and then nothing happens?  Someone could have at least died or something!  (I don't want to go into much detail because if you have never read the books or watched the movies I don't want to be the one to blow it for you.)  The story ends like every other happy fairy tail...Everyone lives Happily Ever After...BORING!  That was not the ending I was actually expecting or hoping for in all honesty.  I can't wait for the movie & am actually rooting for them to divert from the actual novel (which I never do) and change up the parts that disappointed me because this book has the potential of being an awesome movie.

So are you a "Twihard"?  Were you as disappointed reading Breaking Dawn as I was?  Will you be camping out to see the 4th & final installment of the Twilight saga?  I will!!!

Till next week Sucias or not!

Don't be surprised if I post things during the week, like I did last week! I don't think I'm going to limit myself to just once a week anymore!




XOXO
Queenie

No comments: