XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Monday, November 1, 2010

Bonjour Novembre!

Hello November!  I can't believe another month has come & gone, November is here & the holidays are right around the corner.  This is my favorite time of year, we get to enjoy fall which then turns into winter.  Not to mention all the baking & eating for Thanksgiving.  All the gift buying & giving for Christmas (plus my annual Christmas Brunch!) and  bringing in the New Year with some champagne!  
I have a lot to look forward to in 2011.  My Bestie is getting married in Belize, March 2011 and my Commadre is getting married in St. Louis, May 2011!  The fun part is, is that I will be the Matron of Honor for my Besties wedding & a bridesmaid in my Commadres wedding.
Emerald cut diamond ring, Tiffany & Co.
Once the Holidays have come & gone I will soon be tending to my "Matron of Honor" duties and I will be planning, planning & planning!!  My Bestie lives in Baton Rouge, L.A. but her family all lives in Cali.  Therefore we are planning a "Bride's Getaway" along with a Bridal Shower all in the same week!  I'm planning on doing a Santa Barbara get away since she does not want a "Bachlorette Party", but every bride needs a little pampering with her girls before tying the knot right?  I was thinking of leaving early Wednesday morning, maybe doing wine tasting one day and a nice dinner w/drinks another, then coming home late Friday and last minute prepping all day Saturday for the Bridal Shower on Sunday. 
Hillary Duff's wedding cake
I love planning showers/parties and have so many ideas for this bridal shower.  My Bestie loves eggs, therefore it will be a brunch, she also loves champagne and chocolate.  I was thinking of maybe having a "Champagne Bar" with different drink variations made with champagne and a decadent chocolate dessert.  As for party favors I have ideas that I've been playing around with but can't give too much away!


I have yet to find out what will be happening with my Commadre's Bachlorette and Bridal Shower, but I know her sisters will be planning something fabulous!  I am super excited to be a part of both weddings and can't wait for these beautiful brides to be to get hitch!

So what do you think Sucias?  Do you love weddings as much as I do?  Do you have any ideas you could possibly throw my way for the "Bride's Getaway" or Bridal Shower?  I would love to hear them!

On another note, I have been having so much fun blogging since I've started and while I have a small but supportive group of followers I have decided to add something new to my blog.  On Wednesdays I will posting "I WANT IT NOW WEDNESDAYS!".  What is it you ask?  You're just gonna have to check back on Wednesday!

Till Wednesday Sucias!

XOXO
Queenie

3 comments:

Miss K said...

How exciting! Congrats to your friends! My sister went to school in SB so I can ask her what are good bars/restaurants for you if you're interested! That sounds like a ton of fun!! I love the idea of the shower too!

Looking forward to Wednesdays posts!

Queenie said...

Thanks Miss K, that would be awesome if you could get me some info for SB. I've never been so anything will be helpful!

Valerie's Junk Drawer said...

I'm so excited to see what you come up with! Probably more than I am about getting married. Kidding!