XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Monday, November 29, 2010

I Love L.A....

One of my favorite things to do is to take a drive to downtown Los Angeles & shop in the garment district.  I usually go with my mom & every now & then my prima L comes with.  At the garment district you can find a fabric print or amazing prices that you can't find at the normal commercial fabric stores.  Every time I go not only am I looking for different fabric prints, but for inspiration, inspiration in the people, stores & the architect of the buildings.  Oh & I can't forget my favorite part of my outings...The FOOD TRUCKS!  Out of the last 3 times I went I only remembered once to take pictures with my camera...here are some pics of my L.A. outings.

There is literally rows & rows of fabric that line the street...


(Shout out to Prima L..lol)  The fruit con chile, limon y sal.... 


Hot Dogs, Hot Dogs!  These are straight up, the real deal, L.A. Hot Dogs... 

This is what I do with the fabric I buy in L.A....I create a one of a kind party for my boys... 










I just started doing these for the fun of it...Hand painted & sewn by yours truly...



So Sucias, do you ever take trips to downtown LA?  Do you enjoy food from the street vendors like I do?  What do you think of my creations?

Till Wednesday Sucias!

XOXO
Queenie

6 comments:

Miss K said...

SO CUTE!!! I love those penant flags and yours look so cute!! I want to go the next time you, I have Fridays off so let me know! I'd love to join you! Plus, maybe we can sneak in some wedding shopping?? I need some jewelry and hair stuff.

Queenie said...

Miss K, Thanks, those are my fav to make :)
I'll let you know for sure...Fridays are not good days to go I usually go on Sundays (less crowded). I found 2 new stores last couple of trips, 1 that sells amazing & very inexpensive veils & another one that sells really pretty broches/pins.

Luciana said...

AHHH I <3 LA!!!!
This last trip was memorable. I will never forget how the old man cussed me out in a foreign language b/c I was eating fruit on his side walk. Now that I think about it, he was probably asking me to sweep. lol.

Hotdogs + fresh fruit + boutiques + sketchy bathrooms = LA <3 <3 <3

Queenie said...

Lucy, that old man was way too funny, I'm surprised he didn't chase you off his side walk with the broom haa haa!!
Sketchy Bathrooms = $0.75!!
PS I was bummed cause I couldn't find the darn pics of that Mariscos shack we ate at :(

Luciana said...

awww shucks, guess we're gonna have to go back to get more pics (and mariscos) (wink wink)

Alien said...

I love LA, although I've only been to downtown LA once.
I might go to california this summer so I'll definitely be checking it out =)

xo