XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Friday, January 21, 2011

Feliz Friday...

Feliz Friday Sucias!  The hubby has gone out to play for the weekend & so I am home with my 3 boys, this is going to be fun!  This week I came across this new blog Nessa Loves Makeup.  She is a fellow So Cal girl & has some great makeup tips so make sure to check her out!  Yesterday she did a questionnaire & asked that we did it too.  I have decided to post mine to my blog & give you some fun little tidbits of me.  Lets start shall we?...

1. Where are you from and how’s the weather there right now?  Beautiful Southern California...it is super warm I can't believe I am able to wear my skirts & rainbows.  It is still January isn't it?

2. Favorite color?  Yellow...it always seems to brighten up my day.  Over the years pink has grown on me & I love every shade of it.

3. Favorite places to shop?  Anthro, Target & Nordies

4. What do you want to be when you grow up?  PASTRY CHEF :)

5. Tell me five things you like about yourself:  I can plan a darn good party, I'm creative & crafty, my eyelashes are long & beautiful, that I can push out some pretty beautiful babies, & my laugh 

6. How tall are you?  5'6"

7. What’s your style?  I like to think that I have a classic & laid back look...I love 50s/60s style cut dresses & skirts (think Audrey Hepburn) but sport jeans, vintage t-shirts & flip flops

8. Favorite trend right now:  Leggins, tunics & flats  (I don't know what it is but they are so comfy)

9. Least favorite trend right now:  hmmm...tuff, I think if you can rock it then sport it.  But if I had to pick one then it would be Ed Hardy clothes (yes, I still see people wearing it)

10. What are 4 makeup items you can’t live without?  Mascara, Blush & lip gloss, everything else I can live without

11. What beauty product/service do you splurge on?  Eyebrow waxing, yes I know it some people spend like $7 but I found someone that does an amazing job, doesn't over wax/pluck & I never break out after so its totally worth the $$ I spend & my MAC cover up.

12. What beauty product/service do you skimp on?  Mascara for sure, I started to use CG Lashblast when it first came out & haven't switched since.

13. Favorite show?  Oh, gees...I'm a reality TV junkie & I love it all

14. Favorite songs right now?  Bruno Mars "Just the Way You Are" & I've been jamming a lot to Taylor Swift & Paramore lately

15. Best restaurant you’ve ever been to?  Favorite restaurant by far is "Owen's Bistro" in downtown Chino.  It is super small & you have to have reservations but they serve a 3 course meal over a 2 hr time period so you get to sit & enjoy your dinner, they are not rushing you to turn the table.

16. How old are you? (or feel :-)28

17. Best part of this week?  Watching my son receive academic awards at school for straight A's & getting him Baskin Robins for doing an awesome job.

18. Random beauty related story?  The last time I went to MAC to get a new color blush, I was indecisive (surprise, surprise!) so I let my 7 year old son pick out the color...the Sales associate was so shocked that I asked my son to pick the color, she couldn't help but laugh (really hard) & told me that was the 1st time anyone had ever done that.

19. What color nail polish are you wearing?  "You don't know Jacques" - OPI

20. Weekend plans?  Finish Birthday banners for my middle sons little party next weekend

Pheeewww!  There you have it, Happy Weekend!

Till Monday Sucias!

XOXO
Queenie

5 comments:

Breakfast at Katie's said...

I like this! I know this weather we are having now is great! I am definitely going for a bike ride this weekend! Have fun planning the party and have a good weekend!

Vanessa said...

Thank you for the repost doll! It's awesome that there are other bloggers in the area, I've added your blog to my daily reads :-)

Queenie said...

Thanks Ladies, I hope you both had a Fab weekend!

Miss K said...

Great post, loved the Q&A!

Queenie said...

Thxs Miss K...these post are fun to do every now & then!