XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year!

Helllooooooo Sucias!  I'm back!  It has been awhile since my last post, but with the holidays & work I really had 0 time to be on the computer.  I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas & wonderful New Year because I know I did.  I've been dying to share my holidays with you so here are "My holidays in a nut shell"...I made my peppermint bark and spiced nuts for my co-workers.  This has become a favorite for both my co-workers now that I HAVE TO MAKE IT EVERY YEAR FOR THEM.  I also make it for my oldest son's teacher, piano teacher & violin teacher.



We did our annual Tamale making night with my in-laws.



The boys were super excited this year for Christmas & I LOVED every minute of making Mexican hot chocolate for them and watching Christmas movies, listening to them sing Christmas songs, getting excited to see Santa & watching them open up gifts was the icing on the cake.  On Christmas Eve we went to my Grandmas house where we just stuffed our belly's with yummy Tamales, cookies & Champurrado. 

I did my annual Christmas Breakfast, which was a hit (as always).




My hubby got me a Snowboard for Christmas (sorry no picture, yet).  I'm not a good snow boarder by any means, but I have so much fun doing it.  With all the great snow we recently got here in California I can't wait to hit the mountain w/my hubby soon.  My beautiful madre gave me a KitchenAid Mixer. 

This is the color I got, "Green Apple"
 I was so excited for this because I have been wanting one for the longest time.  I feel like a true baker now & I've used it so many times already, it is the best gift I've ever received.  I told the hubby using this KitchenAid and making all these wonderful cakes, pies & cookies, it has reminded me how much I REALLY WANT TO GO TO PASTRY SCHOOL...ahhh, one day.

Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting, both made from scratch with my mixer for my sons birthday
Lemon Meringue Pie ~ the Meringue was so easy to make with my mixer & it came out beautiful!

The brother gave me an Anthro gift card, which I blew the very next day, hee hee!  I bought a shirt dress that I was dying for and was holding out for it to go on sale, but when I checked the website it was almost sold out.  So I sucked it up & bought it at full price (sorry no pic of this either, but I will do a review on the dress soon).  We ended our day with dinner at my in laws house.

The In Laws (this is immediate family only LOL)
 For New Years my hubby & I kept it very low key.  We were invited to a dear friends home along with my bestie & her hubby (3 couples total).  It was so much fun & relaxing to just eat, drink & be with close friends.

The Girls

The Boys

Cheers!  Happy New Years!!
I had a wonderful Holiday & I hope you did too!  I'm also glad to be back & catch up with all of my blogs. 

Till Wednesday Sucias!

XOXO
Queenie 

3 comments:

Valerie's Junk Drawer said...

Now I'm totally craving some lemon meringue pie! That think is beautiful!

Miss K said...

so much fun! all that food has made me hungry!

Queenie said...

Thanks ladies!