XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Thursday, February 24, 2011

February Showers brings Wedding Showers...

The Bestie (Belize Bride) flew in late last Thursday night for her "Wedding Fun Weekend".  I was super stressed out about planning this weekend, but once it finally got here it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.  On Friday we bonded over a mani/pedi, craft making & cookie baking.  I also couldn't wait to give her some presents.  I did some home made wine charms, "Mr. Black" & "Mrs. Black"...

 I also bought her a champagne flute that I forgot to take a picture of but here is what it looks like...
On Saturday we dragged our tired bodies out of bed, while she made me breakfast, I made quiche for our "Breakfast Dinner" that night.  We finally made it out the door for some wine tasting with some old jr. high/high school friends, her mother & pregnant sister (yay!  we had an awesome DD).








 After the 1st winery I didn't take very many pictures, we were all having too much fun getting lit...

After only making it to 3 wineries LOL we went to my house to have dinner & a surprise Lingerie Shower...
 I also asked the ladies to bring an unwrapped pair of chonies for the bride to hang on the "pantie line", the bride chose her favorite one & a prize was given to the person who brought her favorite pair.  She also got to keep all the rest!
 I added a little personalization to the night with some fabric covered letters and a fabric covered heart...
On Sunday we had a wedding shower for the bride & groom with the brides family & friends that we did in a "Love" theme.










Now that the showers have come & gone I need to focus on the rest of my Matron of Honors duties for the wedding!  Per the request of the bride I need to finish my speech, make a day of the wedding kit (mascara, needle & thread, tissues, lip gloss, etc.), make sure the bride is relaxed the day of the wedding, therefore we will be having mimosas at hand and she has asked to make a "Just Married" sign for their boat that they will be departing on.

Till next time Sucias!!!

xoxo
Queenie

3 comments:

Miss K said...

so cute! looks like a fantastic weekend!

Anonymous said...

Everything was so great! I loved every second! Gracias!!!!

Queenie said...

Thanks!!!