XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Monday, February 14, 2011

What's in a day?

As Juliet from Shakespeare's, Romeo & Juliet asks..."What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet;".  I ask, "What's in a day?" That which we call Valentines Day by any other name would be just as sweet!  But to the world it is Valentines Day.  A day to go out and spend money on over priced roses, chocolates, stuffed animals & jewelry.  For what?  Just to show you're special someone that you care for them or that you LOVE them 1 day out of the 365 days of the year.  And what about the single people out there?...I bet they feel nauseated on this love filled day.
Now don't get me wrong, I am a "hopeless romantic", I believe in the power of love, I truly believe that "all you need is love" so much that I want to get it tattooed on me!  I love roses (or any other flower for that matter), chocolates are always welcomed in my home, but I can do without those cheesy stuffed animals.  I love jewelry, but I'm pretty simple when it comes down to it & I think jewelry should be given on special occasions not just because everyone on television tells you that you should.
When my hubby & I started dating we would go to dinner & every now & then he would get me flowers for Valentines Day.  But over the years I told him I would much rather go to dinner for a date & receive flowers randomly throughout the year just because he loves me (yeah, he still doesn't LOL, but that is the man he is & the man I married).
So today I hope everyone has a sweet beautiful day & yes, tell that special someone or your mother or children that you love them & adore them but also tell them the next day, the day after that & the day after that.
Till next time Sucias!
xoxo
Queenie  

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I have to agree with you! My bf seems to care more about it than I do lol. He takes me out on dates and brings me flowers randomly and yesterday he took me to lunch and brought a balloon bouquet in for me at work. It's nice, but I appreciate it when he does it for no reason more than on vday.

I hope you had a lovely day with your hubby and babies!