XOXO Queenie



A blog about Fashion, Food, Family, Health, Kids, Marriage and Everything in between!



Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tasty Treats...

As promised, I want to share with you a yummy delicious and healthy snack that you're just going to gobble up...KALE CHIPS!  I made these this past Sunday for my family & everyone LOVED them!  I even have 2 of my friends who have already made them!  Here's the how to...

KALE CHIPS

Ingredients:

  • 1 bunch of Kale
  • about 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Kosher Salt (to taste)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Wash the kale thoroughly and make sure to dry it completely (I actually used my salad spinner to help dry my kale).  Next rip off the leaves from the rib/stem of the kale into 2-3 inch pieces and place on a cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt, toss to coat evenly and bake for about 10-12 mins turning about 1-2 times during baking.  Let cool completely and enjoy!

1). wash kale

2).  dry completely 

4).  rip off stem and sprinkle extra virgin olive oil & kosher salt

5).  enjoy!

2 comments:

Valerie's Junk Drawer said...

i'm making these tonight! they look so good!

Luciana said...

What no dip? LoL I've actually been wanting to make these. Ill let you know how they come out :)
I'm going to put in a request, if you have a healthy dessert recipes to share (that don't sabotage your business) put it on here. I'm also juicing and changing my eating habits, but sometimes I crave dessert. As of now I've simply been ignoring that craving until I figure out how to satisfy it.