- about 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Canola Oil
- Asparagus (chopped into bite sized pieces)
- Bell Peppers (Red, Orange, Yellow-chopped)
- Mushrooms (Baby Portabella-chopped)
- about 1/2 Cup of Shredded Cheese (use vegan or skimmed mozzarella for healthier versions-or you can top with bread crumbs instead of cheese)
- about 1 cup of cooked Couscous (cook per packaged directions)
- Regular Red Bell Peppers (halved length wise with stem, ribs & seeds removed
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a cookie sheet place chopped asparagus, bell peppers & mushrooms. Sprinkle with about 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or canola oil, sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss to coat all veggies. Spread on cookie sheet evenly and bake for 15-20 mins tossing once half way through.
Once veggies are done, in a bowl, mix with pre cooked couscous. Spoon your couscous veggie mixture in the red bell peppers that have been halved length wise. Top with cheese or bread crumbs (both optional), place on cookie sheet or in baking dish & bake in oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins.
|stuffed peppers with couscous & veggies|
Till next time!